Friday, March 21, 2008

mODERN fARM aRT

That's what I would call some of the printmaking art that I do or maybe modern scenic or something? I also do a lot more than scenery and barns. If I lived in New York my art would probably be a lot of sky scrapers against the clouded sky and sunsets I guess. I love the country side, the trees and how the sky looks behind them even when there are no leaves. There is so much chaos and negitive news in our world all the time and then we go to our homes and watch a murder mystery... well we need some serenity, "serenity art" a place to escape to once and a while. I hope I can make some art with that feeling of "a nice place to clear your mind", to slow down and get your thoughts together, a distraction from the daily grind.
(the picture above, by the way is called "Bare Trees" - based on an actual sky one evening in Indiana country side, I took many pictures and then designed this artwork based on those photos)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home